Friday, February 25, 2011

The First Ear Infection has "Arriven"

Feeling good a few weeks ago at his 1-year doctor's visit!
So our little guy has his first ear infection.  I'm pretty proud.  Not that he has an ear infection, but that he made it through (and beyond) his first year without one.  I'd like to think that his overall good health has been a result of something we did as parents, but you never really know about these sorts of things - what's nature, what's nurture, and what's plain luck.  He's been breastfed, although not exclusively, for more than a year now and Tony and I don't mind too much if he gets dirty, is around germs, etc.  He's been at daycare since he was just 8 weeks old, so I guess he's been exposed to lots of nasty little bugs.  Lucky for us, all of that exposure seems to have helped strengthen his immune system.  Anyway, I"m bummed that he's a little under the weather, but so happy that we've been blessed with a healthy son.  I see lots of TV specials and articles about young children with terrible diseases or severe illnesses.  When I stop to consider how fortunate we are to have such a happy, healthy Henry, I am reminded that his presence in our lives is truly a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment