Thursday, March 31, 2011

Date Night!!!

It's official.  We've finally lined up a [non-family member] babysitter for the weekend.  I think Tony and I both know it's important to have some baby-free time, but we just haven't been very good at making that happen.  Frankly, we're usually just too busy or it's just seemed too much of a hassle to get things arranged.  Not to mention, H is at that stage where he only wants specific people around him.  He typically goes into hysterics when one of us or his favorite teachers leave the room.  Sheesh, that's a lot of drama.  So one of his favorite teachers from the day care has been offering her sitting services for some time now and we took her up on it.  I don't even know what we're going to do...I do know there is a cocktail (or two or three) in my future.  We used to go on what we jokingly referred to as "redneck dates" - O'Charley's followed by Big Lots.  Awesome, I know. 
When I talked to Miss S today, I explained that I don't even know what to do with a babysitter.  Does she come to our house, do we take him there?  How does all of this even work?  I think we got it all worked out, and so very soon, we will actually have a grown-up, baby-free date!  I'm not going to lie, having a little rugrat (even a pretty well-behaved adorable one) doesn't seem to leave a whole lot of time or energy for romance or relationship-bulding.  It's something you have to intentionally make time for.  Hopefully, this first "leave him with a sitter" experience will be great, and we can finally get around to some regular date nights.  Heck, even a trip to the grocery store together without a kid in tow could probably be enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment