Wednesday, March 16, 2011

New Wheels

We did it.  We bit the bullet - said Goodbye, Subaru and Hello, Honda!  While I am beyond thrilled to be driving a new(er) car, I have to admit I was a little sad to say adios to my sweet little Outback.  I've always considered myself a Subaru girl - ever since my New England grandparents gifted me with their 1986 Subaru Wagon (the Outback's great-great-great-grandma!) when I was in high school.  Though driving a Subaru earns many the label of yuppy-hippy, I think I actually kind of liked the label.  Anyway, when we signed the final paperwork to officially relinquish ownership of the Outback, I was sad.  We finished cleaning her out, under the watchful eye of one of the dealership employees (apparently he thought we might steal a dirty floormat or add a scratch to the already banged-up bumper), shook hands with him, and then he drove her away.  "Where's he taking her?" I asked Tony.  "It's a car, Katie, not a person," he replied.  We climbed in our shiny new CR-V, and headed off in the same direction that the guy drove the Subaru, but she was no where in sight.  Just like that, she drove right out of my life - for some other bargain-hunting yuppy-hippy to have.  I have to say, Honda-life isn't so bad.  I do miss the heated leather seats, but am pleasantly surprised that the CR-V gets a little better gas mileage than the ol' wagon.  Plus, there are eight cupholders.  What else could I want in a car? 

No comments:

Post a Comment